Learn how to use an ear camera
When various physiological and pathological reasons lead to unclear tympanoscopy, electronic ear camera is feasible. When suspected of tympanic or middle ear lesions, inspection with ear camera should be performed.
Symptoms That Call For Using an Ear Camera
1. The ear external auditory canal is narrow, curved and hairy, and the tympanic membrane can not be seen clearly without camera.
2. Congestion and swelling of the ear external auditory canal and unclear peep of the tympanic membrane, need camera
3. The ear was beaten, impacted and traumatized, suspected of tympanic membrane perforation.
4. Severe ear pain, tympanic membrane congestion, suspected of acute otitis media, find a camera
5. The color of ear tympanic membrane is yellow, amber and gray-blue, and there is suspected tympanic effusion.
6. Foreign body in external auditory canal, suggest camera
How To Use An Ear Camera
Electronic ear camera is painless during the whole process. Patients usually take a seat, keep their head still, relax their mood and avoid tension. The electronic ear camera will pass through the cartilage, isthmus and bone of the external auditory canal to the surface of the tympanic membrane.
What Can You See With An Ear Camera?
Electronic ear camera can peep at the whole tympanic membrane from one direction. The tympanic membrane is an elastic gray-white translucent membrane with an elliptical shape, such as funnel, obliquely placed in the external auditory canal, 45-50 degrees from the bottom of the external auditory canal. When tympanic membrane or middle ear lesions occur, the color and activity of tympanic membrane can change in varying degrees.
Can Ear Cameras Have Complications?
Electronic ear cameras do not cause complications. Occasionally, the skin of external auditory canal may be damaged and a small amount of bleeding may occur when foreign bodies are absorbed under electronic ear camera.
Explore ScopeAround Ear Cameras: